Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute has a career development center.
The Career Development Center was established in 2003. The purpose is to strengthen career guidance work among young people, to promote contacts between students/graduates and employers, to acquaint young people with the situation on the labor market.
Realization of the set purpose provided the decision of the following tasks:
- development of youth initiatives in the field of labor relations;
- providing employment and employment of students in their free time;
- young people gain experience in finding a job and applying their knowledge and skills in the labor market;
- support in employment of graduates after graduation;
- harmonious development of the student’s personality, formation of his skills of the future organizer, leader;
- formation of psychological stability of young people to the demands of the labor market, etc.
The main directions of the Center’s work are:
- information work (informing students about employers, open vacancies, internship programs, internships through the organization and holding of mass events or meetings with specialists, as well as through Internet resources;
- consulting work (meetings of students with representatives of companies, assistance in compiling resumes);
- career guidance work (acquaintance of students with professions and modern trends in the labor market, adaptation of specialists and education of self-knowledge as a basis of professional self-determination);
- formation of ability to compare abilities with requirements for acquiring a specific profession, make a real plan for mastering relevant skills etc.
Detailed information about the University Career Development Center